"Segala bermula dengan ujian demi ujian. Tanpa ujian siapa saya dan kita semua? Ujian itu pengukur tahap kredibiliti dan akhlak yang sering berubah-ubah..." Travelog Budak Mentah
One patient of mine, was a young female. Just only 4 years older than I am. She had a TAHBSO (total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oopherectomy) due to ovarian cancer. Fuuh, that's a mouthful thing to say. In simple english, both her ovaries and uterus were removed 8 years ago, just 3 days before she was about to sit for SPM. I thot that was the climax of the story, till I proceed to the family history.
Her mother was diagnosed with the same disease, at the same time as hers. When both needed to be operated at the same time, her mother persuaded her to go first. Later she could take care of her. Two years after that, her mother passed away due to cancer metastasize.
I was dumbfounded, searching the exact words to be said. Lastly, I said nothing. She smiled, so, I smiled back.
She was back to the hospital again due to intestinal obstruction. Claimed to be caused by adhesion, secondary to her previous surgery. For 3 days, she vomited again and again and the bowel was still dilated. On the 4th day, she had emergency laparotomy adhesiolysis. Cut open her abdomen again.
Still, all this time I was seeing her, keep on updating on her progress, not a single word of sigh she laid.
If life is to be judged based on physical and materials, I'll say life is unfair to her. But we know better right?
Sometimes when taking history of patient, we did it for granted. For the sake of study or merely for case write up. We fail to see the patient as human beings or somebody's father/mother or brother/sister etc.
There must be a reason why Allah make them sick. There must be a reason why we are fated to meet them.
Allah is teaching us about life in anyway that is possible. It's up to us take the hikmah or not. And be grateful.
Allahu. We're nothing without Him. T-T
"Semoga kita terus kuat mencari Allah di dalam hati kita. Letakkan dia di hati kita, bawa Dia ke mana-mana, tanya Dia jika buntu dan semestinya kita sentiasa lapang dan tenteram. Ubah sekarang, jika tidak, bila lagi?" -TBM
Last few weeks at HOSHAS.
![]() |
| Meet MrDoubt. Despite of his garangness, he made all of us (including the HOs) to donate blood bcoz the hospital was critically down with the supply |
![]() |
| Among the last effort, filling the logbook. Account for 10% of our marks. Haha. One more week left before exam. May Allah ease! p.s. on the extreme left was our 6th year senior. |
p.s. To a great friend of mine, I know I'm late. It's been more than 3 days. But still I want to wish u a happy belated birthday. May Allah bless u dear. Miss u a lot. :)
![]() |
| Remember this pic? I 'stole' it from u and purposely didn't want to return it. Still keep it till now. hehe. |
p.s.s. Am quoting a lot from 'Travelog Budak Mentah, bcoz am currently reading it. haha.




2 comments:
goodluck for exam.
truth isnt always what you want it to be, but its always what you know it to be.
Thanks niimmmmmm... :-D i miss u too a lot niim.. Hoho. Sy dh xigt ad gmbr ni... Hehe.. Owh. How i miss all those moments.
<3<3<3<3
Post a Comment