"Education Minister confirms no return to PPSMI policy."

That was one of the headlines of NST today. As one of the products of PPMSI, I was moved to comment something about this.
Once upon a time ago, the Gov was so committed to use English in Math and Sci. It started in 2003, with my friends and I were the unfortunate students to be the 1st batch of the experiment. The purpose, (if I'm not wrong) was to help students mastering English and as early exposure before entering the universities. What more, billions of ringgit had been spend in the switching process. I admit, at 1st I hate it because my Eng was bad back then, but later, it did help to improve my Eng.
Anyway, as I stated in the tittle, where does actually the Gov stand? I mean, like almost 6 years after the implentation of PPSMI, they want to change everything back to square one? I know that the Gov's act is said to be in line to dignify our national language, but it is fair to the students? I believe that most of them are getting more and more adjusted with the current medium of teaching. Even, textbooks are in English now.
Oh, I wonder what will come up next? Sci and Math in Mandarin perhaps? Ha3...
,,_A muslimah, a daughter, a meddie_,,
t@sn!!m

No comments:
Post a Comment