Daisypath Graduation tickers

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Musleh Debate Championship 2011


 
3rd MUSLEH International
Debating
 Championship
date: 30th June - 3rd July 2011
venue: Putra Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
-copied from musleh debate website

I did say that Timah called me to help out the debate team from SMI Aman, specifically Arabic team la. My first thot was "I'm soooo dead meat. Ya Allah, habisla bdak2 tuh. Ottoke!!!?". You see, my debating skill ade laa skit2. My arabic fluency pn xde laa setaraf debater university. But I'd made my promise to them. So, berbekalkan sedikit experience and ilmu2 yg dturunkan oleh Bro Najmi, Sis Ida and Sis Fasha (and also sifu arab, Ust Safwan and Ust Mohd), berkampungla sy seharian di Smi Aman + pejabat ayah Timah. 

The Arabic debating team consists of Faseeha, Syafiq and Rumaisa' (their names are according to their positions in the team). Klakar, xde reserved, for the sake of saving some cost (ssb nk hntar a debater mahal kot!).

Anyway, after 3 days, those kiddos did progress but not much. And not enough for the competition in just another week. I freaked out (mcm sy yg msuk). So, I SMSed Sis Hani aka kakak Bob. Unfortunately, she was no way to be disturbed. Tgh practical and busy all day. Bro Najmi did not exist kat bumi Kelantan and finally Kak Ida!!!Tgk2 die dah nk pg KL for the clinical orientation camp the next two day. Alhamdulillah, even for one day, I was grateful and I brought her in together to brainstorm with the kiddos. As usual la, motions for arabic nie, pelik2. Lintang-pukang konsep kiteorg wat. And as for debating skills, thank God, Bro Thalhah, otai debater BM from SMIH ade to help them as well as other teams. I salute that guy; to be able to handle 3 different teams of different languages. Pergghh, mantap.

So, it's been 2 days since the competition has started. The pre-liminary round has ended today. They won one and lost the other 3. At the end, even with good points/concepts, it always comes down to the language fluency. Yela2, dah siap ade org Arab yg masuk, mmg laaa fluent! (I think  the rules should be set up to exclude the ones who talk Arabic as their native language). But their margin wasn't really that much, 1 to 3 je. At least they put up a fight. C'mon la, from zero to something! Those kiddos were awesome. But praises to Allah 'ala kulli hal. He knows the best.

1 comment: