Day 1 (29/5/11)
The Air Asia flight to Melbourne was scheduled at 10.30 pm. Mama and I checked in at 6 sumthing pm. During the check in I spotted a familiar face. Sekali pandang cam kenal, dua kali pandang mcm xknal plak. But suddenly that guy startled and was staring hard at me. Saaah, mmg kenal! It turned out he was a USIM's sci tech guy, same batch lak tuh. Hahaha.
The eight-hours in-flight journey was okay. But kinda boring. Ye la, air asia. They don't give any entertainment unless you pay for them. Tp syukur laaa, nk naik MAS mahal kot.
 |
| Mama was overwhelmed by tiredness |
We arrived at 8 am sumthing, got to go tru the immigration stuff and declare some food item we brought in together. Keropok ikan je pn, tp cuak gyle, takut2 immigration officer tu punggah beg nk check, mane la tau. Makanan tu plak sumbat between baju, mne xmalu klau kne punggah. Huhuhu. So, mama siap bce2 doa and sembur2 lg kat immgration officer. Hahaha. Kelakar, tgk2 the officer just x-rayed our luggages. Alhamdulillah, lepas.
We waited for like 15 mins for Nana and Sis Aliya to arrive. And then, they brought us to an Arabian restaurant for breakfast and shopped for Arabian sweets. Mama siap speaking Arab lagi ngan shopper tuh. Being at the restaurant and the sweet shop brings back all those memories my mother had when she was in Cairo. And I think baba should be here too, reminiscing those memoirs together with mama. Because I absolutely had no idea what she was talking about. hahaha.
 |
| In front of the restaurant |
 |
| Xtau pizza jenis ape |
 |
| Inside the sweet (halawiyaat) shop |
After filling up, Nana made a quick tour around the Melb City. We took some pics at Carlton Garden.
 |
| Mama n me |
 |
| Mama, me, Nana and budak kecik, Layth |
 |
| Depan fountain with naked boy sculptures, hahaha |
 |
| "Flower for ummi!" -Layth |
 |
| Far-sighted scene, hahaha |
 |
| Mama wat posing ayu, hehehe |
In the afternoon, Nana and Sis Aliya had prepared for a small bbq behind the house.We grilled chicken wings, sausage with weird flavours (for me laa), lamb and I think that's all. Although, it took us some time to get the fire/heat ready, we got it right at the end. And when I said 'we', it means Nana, Sis Aliya and mama. I helped them too.....by eating the food ;p.
 |
| Layth was inspecting the grilled sausages |
 |
| Half-cooked and half-burned chicken wings |
 |
| Say 'Bismillah' everyone! Yum, yum yummy! |
Well, that's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment